Despite the introduction of the initial healthcare reform plan a decade ago, China’s healthcare sector continues to be burdened by resource shortages and underdevelopment in rural areas. New reforms introduced by the Government targets three main areas: infrastructure development, reduction of costs and new investment. Additionally, the government of the province of Hainan has made medical tourism a strong priority as witnessed by the development of the Spring 2019 Lecheng International Medical Travel Pilot Zone.
Medical tourism is a growing phenomenon with policy implications for health systems, particularly of destination countries. Private stakeholders and governments in the Asia-Pacific region are promoting their medical and wellness offering as a way to increase tourism, generate income and employment and boost local healthcare quality.
Why attend WMTC China (Hainan Province)?
- Learn how to position your country as a leading medical tourism destination.
- Learn about Hainan province and the development of the Spring 2019 Lecheng International Medical Travel Pilot Zone
- Find out what a government’s role should be in marketing a destination
- Network with government colleagues from other regions to learn best practices in medical tourism through successful case studies.
- Find out the benefits of developing a Healthcare City or Medical Tourism Zone.
- Attract healthcare investment and economic development in your country by connecting with investors.
- Learn how medical tourism can improve the quality of healthcare for your local population.
- Get insight about cutting edge research and statistics on medical tourism.
“We wanted to thank you for the time we spent together at the MTA conference and trade mission…it was our first time in China, and it was a pleasant experience and effective at the same time.”
“Thank you SO much… China was an eye opening experience for me. One-fourth of the world’s people will soon demand access to cutting edge healthcare via their expanding economy and increasing exposure on the world stage. I saw opportunities to both learn and teach… and I saw opportunity to provide options for them if seeking care abroad. I look forward to cultivating these new relationships on both a business and personal level”
Dr. Alejandro Badia
“MTA is great at organizing key players and stakeholders to visit one of the fastest growing healthcare markets in the world and people from Beijing Great-Idea Business Resources just know how to host the international guests and what are of benefit to them and the host country. It was a very successful trip and we all enjoyed it a lot. Thank you!”
Dr. Win Zaw Aung
“MTA did a great job by organizing the trade mission and Congress. The event opened new opportunities to all the participants of the trade mission. To get acquainted with so many Chinese serious businessmen during one week face to face would have been not possible without this trip. We all do appreciate and are sincerely grateful to MTA. Moreover the interaction within the group was incredible. I am sure new projects will be launched as a result.”
Head of ABT Educational